Sabado, Oktubre 15, 2011

What I Just Realized.

Stephen King. One of the most-revered writers, of all-time, I guess. I never read any one of his works, actually. But his name would always ring a bell. WHO WAS HIM, ANYWAY?? All I know is that he is a famous writer. End of story. But then, here I was, sitting in front of my computer without any particular thing to do. The next thing I know is that I opened a tab that lead to my favorite search engine. I typed one of his works: The Shining. Oh, now I remembered how Stephen King came in to view.


I forgot my blogspot password so I decided to send the information to my Yahoo mail which of course, lead to the Yahoo homepage. Lady Gaga's performance was the first of the headlines. The next was about America's Most Haunted Hotels. Intrigued, I clicked the link and read my way to the bottom of the page. Unsatisfied, I searched for more haunted hotels until I found a site wherein one of the featured hotels inspired STEPHEN KING to write a novel about that place. Half of it was done inside one of the hotel's rooms.


Then that was it. I looked up the novel in Google and read the whole plot. Okay, it was horror. The truth is, I was never a fan of anything horror. In my own perspective, it'd be senseless to waste money on the things that would only leave you with sleepless nights, along with that, eyebags. But Stephen King's work sounded very imaginative. I looked up more of his works and read the plot of the few such as The Girl who Loved Tom Gordon, Salem's Lot, Gerald's Game and Carrie, King's first work whose plot turned out to be yes, scary but also promising in a way.

I have only read the plots of a few of his works but I already arrived with a conclusion: A HORROR WRITER. I don't know, I just...Geeessshhh... Stephen King didn't turn out to be what I expected. I thought he was supposed to be a suspense-thriller writer. Well, suspense is present on horror genres, right? I just thought that he'd be more focused on killers and crime scenes. Not vampires and girls who could mess up the prom and the whole town as well.

Since I never really took a time to see who Stephen King was, I think it was just right to arrive at the fact that I never realized the worlds that Stephen King made. Anyway, now I know. That doesn't change the fact that he is not my favorite writer.

Well, what do I want, anyway?? I guess I don't focus much on any particular genre. It depends on my mood, and how the writer keeps me turning the pages of the book. Maybe, someday, I get to read one of his works and realize that he really is a great writer. SOMEDAY.

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento